Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Better Than a Cat-Themed Party...




A Model Approach to Throwing Domesticated Felines a Celebration for Their Emergence from the Womb

Introduction
People who know me know that I have two very sweet kitties, Jingles (top) & Joules (bottom). Jingles is the pretty one who often forgets how to retract her claws so she gets stuck a lot. Joules is the smart, feisty one who keeps everyone else in line. Despite being a pretty crazy cat lady, I have never thrown them a birthday party (not really sure why). But without cable, it seemed like a pretty fun way to spend my evening. However, seeing as I had never thrown a cat birthday party, I looked to the ever-fruitful Pinterest for ideas. Shockingly, however, I found more posts about cat-themed parties than actual ideas for throwing your cat(s) a party. So I put my thinking cap on and came up with some easy ideas I was sure my cats would love.

Methods
1. A cake. But not just any cake - the kind of cake you definitely don't want to lick the candles from - a fish flavored cake, sprinkled with dry cat food :)  And of course I lit candles and sang (very quickly, though, that cake was very tempting to the girls).
2. Party hats. Being the thrifty grad student I am, I made mine out of card stock and rubber bands (make sure to test the fit though, so you don't choke your cat on their birthday).
3. Activities. Luckily, I recently bought the best cat toy in the world - the FroliCat automatic laser toy. If you have cats, I highly recommend this. So, with the FroliCat, we had a laser light show which was not only fun to watch, but fun to chase. 

Results
Seeing as it is difficult for cats to fill out evaluation sheets, I am relying on photos that should hopefully show you that my cats definitely gave the party their paw of approval :)




Until next time...party on, cats.
-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment